Schedule of Availability of Service:
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. without noon break
Who May Avail of the Service: Basic Qualifications:
- Citizen of the Republic of thePhilippines;
- At least 18 years of age at the time ofapplication;
- Hasnotbeenfoundguiltyofcrimeinvolvingmoralturpitudeorofinfamous,disgracefulorimmoralconduct, dishonesty, drunkenness or addiction todrugs;
- Hasnotbeenpreviouslyfoundguiltyofoffensesrelativeto,orinconnectionwiththeconductofacivilservice examination;and
- Has not been dismissed from the service forcause.
Eligibilities Granted Under Special Laws and CSC Issuances
- Electronic Data Processing Specialist (EDPS) Eligibility – pursuant to CSC Resolution No. 90-083 datedJan.
Conferred on passers of the proficiency test or training course conducted by the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) on the following computer courses: Systems Analysis and Design; Computer Programming; Java; MS Access; and Visual Basic.
- Scientific and Technological Specialist (STS) Eligibility – pursuant to PD No.997
Conferred on S&T Specialist who has at least a bachelor’s degree in areas enumerated in Section 1 of the Rules and Regulations Implementing the Provisions of PD 997 (Revised 2009) and who meets any of the following additional requirements:
- Atleastthree(3)yearsofcontinuousexperienceinresearchand/orteachinginpertinentfieldwhichmay include specialized training in research, or teaching experience at the college level in one’s major field or field of specialization, or completion of a patented invention;or
- Hasearnedamaster’sordoctoratedegreeinanyofthefieldsofstudyenumeratedunderSection1 of the Rules and Regulations Implementing the Provisions of PD 997 (Revised 2009) from a school recognized by the Commission on Higher Education at the time of filing ofapplication.
- Veteran Preference Rating (VPR) Eligibility – pursuant to EO No.132/790
GrantedtoPVAO*-certifiedWorldWarIIveteran,orhis/herspouse,oranyoneofhis/herchildrenwhofailed and lacks no more than 10 points in either the Career Service Professional Examination, the Career Service SubProfessional Examination, the Fire Officer Examination, or the Penology OfficerExamination.
Note: For the STS eligibility, the CSCROs only receives applications, and releases the Certificate of Eligibility. Processing is done at the Department of Science and Technology.
*Philippine Veterans Affairs Office
- Barangay Nutrition Scholar (BNS) Eligibility - pursuant to PD1569
Granted to a barangay-based volunteer worker who meets the following qualifications:
- Rendered at least two years of continuous and satisfactory nutrition services and other related activities suchascommunityhealth,backyardfoodproduction,environmentalsanitation,culture,mentalfeeding, andfamilyplanningtothebarangayascertifiedbythenutritionactionofficerandattestedbythedistrict city nutrition programcoordinator;
- Resident in the Barangay for at least six years, and can speak thedialect;
- Completed at least high schooleducation;
- Completed the prescribed 10-day training course and 20-day practicum in thebarangay;
- Obtained a passing mark in the accomplishment of targets set in the actionplan;
- Name is included in the List of BNS issued by the National Nutrition Council;and
the service requirement.
- Barangay Health Worker (BHW) Eligibility – pursuant to RA No.7883
Granted to a Barangay Health Worker who meets the following qualifications:
- Accredited by the BHW Registration and Accreditation Committee and the Local HealthBoard;
- Completed at least two years of college education leading to a collegedegree;
- Rendered at least five years of voluntary, continuous, active and satisfactory service as anaccredited
BHW to the community;
- Name is included in the Registry of Accredited BHWs issued by the Department of Health;and
the service requirement.
- Barangay Official Eligibility (BOE) – pursuant to RA No. 7160
Granted to Elective Barangay Officials: Punong Barangay, regular Sangguniang Barangay Members, and Sangguniang Kabataan Chairpersons who were elected in the 1982 Elections or thereafter; and to Appointive Barangay Officials: Barangay Treasurers and Barangay Secretaries who were appointed by the duly elected punong barangay, who meet the following qualifications:
application within the prescribed period;
- CompletedthetermofofficecorrespondingtotheappointingPunongBarangay(forappointiveBarangay officials) and have filed their application within the prescribedperiod;
- Name is included in the corresponding Master List issued by the concerned Department of theInterior and Local Government Office;and
the service requirement.
- Skill Eligibility – pursuant to CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended (CategoryII)
Granted to incumbents of positions under Category II of CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended, who meet the
- Temporary status ofappointment;
- Rendered service under temporary status for one year or at least 10 months;and
- RenderedVerySatisfactoryactualworkperformanceforthetworatingperiodsduringtheone-year temporaryappointment.
N.B.: Category II refers to positions listed under CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended, the required eligibility for which can be obtained by completing one year of very satisfactory actual work performance under temporary status.
- Honor Graduate Eligibility (HGE)– pursuant to PD 907 (localschools)
Granted to individuals who meet the following qualifications:
- Graduated summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude, in theirBaccalaureate/Bachelor’s
degree, regardless of the number of years of completion;
- Graduated from school year 1972-1973, and thereafter; and
- Withbaccalaureate/bachelor’sdegreerecognizedbytheCommissiononHigherEducation(forthosewho graduated from private Higher Education Institutions), or with baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree included in the charter (for those who graduated from state/localuniversities/colleges).
- Sanggunian Member Eligibility (SME) – pursuant to RA10156
Granted to the following Sanggunian Members (SM):
- Sangguniang Bayan - the vice mayor, as presiding officer and the regular Sanggunianmembers;
- Sangguniang Panlunsod - the vice mayor, as presiding office and the regular Sanggunian members;and
Above SM must meet the following qualifications:
- For SME (firstlevel):
units leading to a baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree.
- For SME (secondlevel):
- Served as Sanggunian Member for an aggregate period of nine (9) years; and completeda
- Name is included in the corresponding Master List issued by the concerned DILGOffice.
- Must have filed their application within the prescriptiveperiod.
- Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility (FSHGE) – pursuant to CSC Resolution No.1302714
Granted to Filipino citizens who graduated summa cum laude, magna cum laude, cum laude, or its equivalent, in their baccalaureate degree from school year 1972-1973 and thereafter, in legitimate prominent/reputable school/college/university in other countries as verified by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), through the Philippine Foreign Service Posts.
What are the Requirements:
GENERAL DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS: (shall apply to all types of eligibility granted under special laws and CSC issuances)
- Properly accomplished ApplicationForm:
Type of Eligibility
CS Form No. 101 - A (Dec. 2011)
Electronic Data Processing Specialist Eligibility (EDPSE)
CS Form No. 101 - C (Dec. 2011)
Scientific and Technological Specialist Eligibility (STSE)
CS Form No. 101 - B (Dec. 2011)
Veteran Preference Rating Eligibility (VPRE)
CS Form No. 101 - D (Revised, Sept. 2013)
Honor Graduate Eligibility (HGE)
CS Form No. 101 - E (Revised, Feb. 2017)
Barangay Official Eligibility (BOE)
CS Form No. 101 - H (Dec. 2011)
Barangay Health Worker Eligibility (BHWE)
CS Form No. 101 - I (Dec. 2011)
Barangay Nutrition Scholar Eligibility (BNSE)
CS Form No. 101 - G (Revised, Sept. 2013)
Skills Eligibilities - Category II
CS Form No. 101 – J (Revised, Dec. 2013)
Sanggunian Member Eligibility (SME)
CS Form No. 101 - K (Dec. 2013)
Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility (FSHGE)
- Three (3) pieces of identical I.D. pictures with the followingspecifications:
- Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4inches);
- Colored with whitebackground;
- Printed on good quality photopaper;
- Taken within three (3) months prior to filing ofapplication;
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera;
- Showing left and rightears;
- With neutral facial expression and both eyesopen;
- Inbareface(withnoeyeglasses,coloredcontactlensoranyaccessoriesthatmaycoverfacialfeatures; facial features notcomputer-enhanced);
- Instandardclose-upshot(fromshoulderlevelupwiththeheadandfaceoccupyingatleast80%ofthe picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin);and
- With HANDWRITTEN (not computer generated) name tag legibly showing SIGNATURE OVER PRINTED FULL NAME in theformat:
First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. PETER S. CRUZ JR.).
- Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which must be valid (not expired upon filing of application), and contains the name, clear picture, date of birth and signature of applicant, and the name and signature of the issuing agency’s current head/authorizedrepresentative:
Current Office/Company I.D., GSIS ID, PhilHealth ID (ATM Type), School ID (must be duly validated for the current school year), SSS I.D., Voter’s I.D., Passport, PRC License, Postal I.D., BIR I.D., Driver’s License, Barangay I.D. and Police Clearance (with picture).
N.B.: AnyotherI.D.cardNOTincludedintheabovelistshallNOTbeaccepted.Alumni,association, membership, and health I.D.s, including ATM cards, shall NOT beaccepted.
- Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate of the applicant authenticated/issued by the PhilippineStatistics
N.B.: In case where the PSA Birth Certificate is not legible, or the PSA has duly issued a negative certification of birth (PSA CRS Form No. 1) printed in PSA security form, the applicant shall, in addition, submit the original and photocopy of his/her PSA birth certificate authenticated/issued by the Local Civil Registrar(LCR).
N.B.: IncasewherethePSAauthenticaedMarriageCertificateisnotlegible,theapplicantshall,inaddition, submittheoriginalandphotocopyofherMarriageCertificateauthenticated/issuedbytheLCR.
- Certification of No Pending Case/Non-Conviction of Any Offense (CSC SPEL Form 1, April 2012);and
- If the application is filed through arepresentative:
- Authorization letter or SPA executed by the applicant;and
- Originalandphotocopyofatleastone(1)validI.D.cardoftherepresentative,aslistedunderItemNo.3 above.
SPECIFIC DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS (Shall apply depending on the type of eligibility)
- ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING SPECIALIST (EDPS)ELIGIBILITY
- For TrainingCourse:
- OriginalandcertifiedcopyoftheCertificateofProficiencyissuedbytheDICTonthefollowing computercourses:
Systems Analysis and Design, Computer Programming, Java, MS Access, or Visual Basic;
- Original and photocopy of the Certificate of Completion issued by the DICT;and
- Original and photocopy of the Grade Slip issued byDICT.
- For ProficiencyTest:
- OriginalandcertifiedcopyoftheCertificateofProficiencyissuedbytheDICTonthefollowing computercourses:
Systems Analysis and Design, Computer Programming, Java, MS Access, or Visual Basic;
- Original and photocopy of the Notification Slip issued byDICT.
2. SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL SPECIALIST (STS)ELIGIBILITY
- Upon Filing of Application at the Department of Science and Technology(DOST)
The following are the documentary requirements to be submitted upon filing of application at the DOST Central Office, Taguig City (through the PD 997 Secretariat), or at the DOST Regional Office:
- Duly accomplished CS Form 101-C, Dec.2011
- Three (3) pieces of identical I.D. pictures (Refer to Item No. 2 of the GeneralDocumentary
Requirements for specifications)
- Assessment fee of P100.00 payable to DOST; and
- Five (5) copies each of the followingdocuments:
- Duly certified statement of duties andresponsibilities
- Original and photocopy of Transcript of Records (TOR) anddiploma
- Recommendation from head of office or school on the application for PD 997 eligibility, which shall include a statement regarding his/her assessment of the applicant’s research or teaching proficiency
- List of S&T subjects taught/being taught and the duration of teaching said subjects, duly certified by the Dean of the school;and
- Other documents suchas:
- Published research paper/technical reports for concluded scientific research, orprogress
reports for researches still in progress.
The reports must be certified as true copy by authorities to whom the original copies were
- Certificationofresearchproficiencyindicatingthetitleofscientificresearchproject/s the applicant has participated in and the duration and nature of participation and/or responsibilities of the applicant in the researchproject.
- Certificate of patented invention, ifavailable.
- Upon Claiming of Certificate of Eligibility at the Civil ServiceCommission
The following are the documentary requirements to be submitted upon claiming of Certificate of Eligibility at the CSC:
- Original and photocopy of valid I.D. card (Refer to Item No. 3 of the GeneralDocumentary Requirements for the list of I.D. cardsaccepted)
- Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate of the applicant authenticated/issued by the PSA [Note: In case the PSA Birth Certificate is not legible, or the PSA has duly issued a Negative Certification of Birth (NSO CRS Form No. 1) printed in PSA security form, the applicant shall, in addition, submit the originalandphotocopyofhis/herBirthCertificateauthenticated/issuedbytheLocalCivilRegistrar.]
- For female married applicants, original and photocopy of Marriage Certificate authenticated/issued by the PSA (Note: In case the PSA authenticated Marriage Certificate is not legible, the applicant shall,inaddition,submittheoriginalandphotocopyofherMarriageCertificateauthenticated/issued by the Local CivilRegistrar.)
- Certification of No Pending Case/Non-Conviction of Any Offense (CSC SPEL Form 1, April2012).
3. VETERAN PREFERENCE RATING (VPR) ELIGIBILITY
a) Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate (PSA or LCR authenticated) of theVeteran;
b) Original and photocopy of Marriage Contract (PSA or LCR authenticated) of theVeteran;
c) Affidavit of Waiver to be executed by the veteran only if still alive; or Joint Affidavit of Waiver by the veteran’s surviving spouse and other children, if the veteran is deceased and one of his/her childrenis availing of thegrant;
d) Original and photocopy of Death Certificate (PSA or LCR authenticated) of the veteran, ifdeceased;
N.B. The requirement for Death Certificate also includes that of the veteran’s spouse and/or any child, if
e) Original and photocopy of Marriage Contract (PSA or LCR authenticated) of the Applicant (if theapplicant
is either the spouse, or a female married child of the veteran)
f) Original and photocopy of the Report of Rating in the CS examination where the VPR shall be applied;and
- Original/Authenticatedcopyandphotocopyofthefollowing(iftheapplicant’snamehasbeen changed, or has discrepancy with the name of theveteran):
- Order/Resolution/Decision issued by the CSC or the Court on the correction of name ofthe
- Affidavit/s used/presented to support the CSC/Court Order on the correction of name ofthe
applicant (may be executed by the applicant, or other disinterested parties); and
- Other documents as may be deemed necessary upon evaluation of the VPRapplication.
4. BARANGAY NUTRITION SCHOLAR (BNS)ELIGIBILITY
a) Diploma or authentic evidence of completion of high schoolcourse
b) Certification of residency in the barangay for at least six (6) years, and can speak thedialect
where applicant is assigned
d) Certification that the applicant has obtained a passing mark in the accomplishment of targets set inthe
e) Copies of monthly accomplishment report (NNC Form 5) for the last two years authenticated bythe
nutrition action officer
officer for services rendered from Jan. 1, 1981
and attested by the district city nutrition program coordinator
i) Notarized Affidavit stating that the BNS was not employed in the government during his/her service requirement,andthathe/shedidnotreceiveanyformofsalary/compensation,excepthonorarium,during his/her servicerequirement
*For purposes of the requirement for Notarized Affidavit, the phrase “was not employed in the government” shall mean that the BNS has not been issued any appointment, whether permanent, temporary, substitute, co-terminous, contractual, or casual, and that he/she has not received any salary/ compensation derived from any government agency plantilla payroll, during his/her service requirement
agency concern; to be submitted by NNC to CSCRO)
5. BARANGAY HEALTH WORKER (BHW)ELIGIBILITY
a) Schoolcertificateortranscriptofrecord[applicantmusthavecompletedatleasttwo(2)yearsofcollege education leading to a collegedegree]
b) Certificate of Accreditation issued and signed by the chairman or authorized official of the Barangay HealthWorkerRegistrationandAccreditationCommitteeandoftheLocalHealthBoard(theCertificateof Accreditationmust have beenissuedonorbeforethestartofthefive-yearvoluntaryservice)
c) Certificationofatleastfive(5)yearsofcontinuousandsatisfactoryserviceasanaccreditedBHWissued by the Local HealthBoard
d) Notarized Affidavit stating that the BHW was not employed in the government during his/her service requirement,andthathe/shedidnotreceiveanyformofsalary/compensation,excepthonorarium,during his/her servicerequirement
*For purposes of the requirement for Notarized Affidavit, the phrase “was not employed in the government” shall mean that the BHW has not been issued any appointment, whether permanent, temporary, substitute, co-terminous, contractual, or casual, and that he/she has not received any salary/ compensation derived from any government agency plantilla payroll, during his/her service requirement
e) Authenticated/Certified copy of Annual AccomplishmentReports
(agency to agency concern; to be submitted by DOH to CSCRO)
6. BARANGAY OFFICIAL ELIGIBILITY(BOE)
a) CertificationfromauthorizedDILGofficialatthemunicipal,city,provincialorregionalleveloftheservices rendered by the barangay official, using the prescribed CSC-ERPO Form 1a (February 2017), for elective barangay officials, or CSC-ERPO Form 1b (April 2012) for appointivebarangay officials.
b) Certification from the Barangay Chairman on the services rendered by the barangayofficial
c) Duly signed oath-taking certificate or other proofs of having been duly elected or appointed suchas
election returns and appointment paper
d) Notarized Affidavit stating that the barangay official was not employed in the government during his/her termofoffice,orservicerequirement,andthathe/shedidnotreceiveanyformofsalary/compensation, except honorarium for holding a position in an ex-officio capacity, during his/her term of office or service requirement
*For purposes of the requirement for Notarized Affidavit, the phrase “was not employed in the government” shall mean that the Barangay Official has not been issued any appointment, whether permanent, temporary, substitute, co-terminous, contractual, or casual, and that he/she has not received any salary/compensation derived from any government agency plantilla payroll, during his/her term of office, or service requirement
e) For appointive barangay officials (Barangay Secretary & Barangay Treasurer), notarized Affidavit stating thattheappointivebarangayofficialisnotrelateduptothe4thdegreeofconsanguinity,orofaffinity,to the appointing PunongBarangay
f) Original/Authenticatedanddry-sealedMasterListofElected/AppointedBarangayOfficialsissuedbythe DILG (agency to agency concern; to be submitted by DILG toCSCRO)
g) Other documents as may be deemed necessary by the CSC Regional Office in verifying authenticityof information supplied by the barangayofficial
7. SKILL ELIGIBILITY (CategoryII)
a) OriginalandphotocopyofAppointmentPaperoftheapplicant,specificallyindicatingthestatusof appointment as “Temporary” (NOTE: No status of appointment other than “Temporary” shall be considered for the grant of eligibility under CategoryII)
b) Certification(usingtheprescribedCSC-ERPOCat.IIFormNo.1,RevisedOct.2009)fromtheagency head/highest HRMO that the appointee obtained at least Very Satisfactory rating for the two rating periods during the one-year temporaryappointment
2011) of the applicant executed by the applicant’s immediate supervisor
d) Authenticated copy of the applicant’s Performance Rating Form, duly confirmed by the agency’s PerformanceEvaluationandReviewCommittee(PERC),forthetworatingperiodscoveredbytheone-year temporaryappointment
8. HONOR GRADUATE ELIGIBILITY(HGE)
a) Original and photocopy of Transcript of Record (TOR) of theapplicant;
b) Certification from the university/college that the applicant graduated summa cum laude, magnacum
laude, or cum laude.
(This certification is separate from and on top of the Transcript of Record); and
9. SANGGUNIAN MEMBER ELIGIBILITY(SME)
a) For applicant who is a baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree holder, original/authenticated and photocopyof
Transcript of Records;
b) For Sanggunian Member First Level Eligibility applicant who is not a baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree holder, certification on the number of units earned and the baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree being/has pursued duly signed by authorized official/registrar of theuniversity/college;
c) Original/Authenticated Master List of qualified Sanggunian Members issued by the DILG (agencyto
d) For Sanggunian Members not included in the DILG Master List, Certification of services rendered by the SanggunianMemberdulysignedbyauthorizedDILGofficialattheregionallevelwherehe/shehasserved as Sanggunian Member (Use CSC SME Form 1, March 2013);and
e) Other documents as may be deemed necessary by the CSC in verifying authenticity ofinformation supplied by theapplicant.
10. FOREIGN SCHOOL HONOR GRADUATE ELIGIBILITY(FSHGE)
a) TranscriptofRecordcertifiedastruecopybytheforeignschool(withEnglishtranslationasapplicable) and duly authenticated by a Philippine Foreign Service Post with jurisdiction over the foreignschool;
b) Certification on the honors received and baccalaureate degree earned, duly signed by the authorized official/registrar of the foreign school/college/university bearing the seal of the college/university, and duly authenticated by a Philippine Foreign Service Post. The Certification must state/indicate the equivalent Latin honor in cases of honors with name/title different from the Latin honors summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude. (This certification is not the Diploma and is separate fromthe Transcript ofRecord);
c) Certification from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) on the comparability/equivalency of the course/degreetakenabroadwithacourse/degreeearnedinthePhilippinesdulysignedbytheauthorized CHED official, affixed with CHED official dry-seal, and printed on CHED official letterhead (agency to agency); and
d) Certification from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on the status of operation of the foreign school duly signed by authorized DFA official, affixed with DFA official dry-seal, and printed on DFAofficial letterhead (agency toagency).
Duration: 1 hour
How to Avail of the Service: The grant of eligibility under special laws and CSC issuances involves two (2) stages –Evaluation of Application, and Processing of Certificate of Eligibility.